Her children rise up and call her blessed, and her husband also, and he praises her.
I tend to lean to the interpretation our book speaks of when our kids have grown, their lives emulate the lessons and morals we work so hard to instill in them when they are young. Just like the Proverbs 22:6 verse:
‘Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.’
Each of us can live out the characteristics we have learned in this book and not only can our reward be the face of our Creator when we meet Him in Heaven but our children when they grow up.
In our verse the word for ‘rise up‘ in the Hebrew is ‘qum’. This can be translated as ‘grown’ or ‘rear up’. So as you can see this verse can mean more than her children standing up and shout praises of her, we can see that it can also mean that her children’s lives shout praises of her character in how they live without her around.
In our book, you can find some Essentials to what God wants us to be raising our children with:
- Essential #1: A Mother Cares
- What are we doing in our daily life to show our children love and care?
- Essential #2: A Mother’s Focus
- What are we doing in our daily life to show our children how to love, serve, and honor God?
- Essential #3: A Mother Plans
- What are we doing in our daily life to make them feel secure? This sounds kind of odd however, studies have shown that children thrive in an environment of planning. Just like new vegetables. It is rare to find a child that just picks up a peice of broccoli and sticks it in their mouth. It is new and unknown. I have the hardest time getting my child to try anything new!
- Essential #4: A Mother Works
- What are we doing in our daily life to show our children sacrificial love of working? This one could have probably gone without sayin considering all that we have gone over in our book. Our daily lives as a Proverbs 31 woman is full of work done out of love.
So what are we doing in our daily life to ‘raise up’ godly children? Answers in Genesis has a good video on the subject of raising godly children. The link is below if you would like to check it out.